We often kid about how many gay events are on any given day. Our top picks help you sort through three dozen events full of Pride-O-Ween magic—and that’s just Friday. Seriously. Or sort it on your own with the full list.
• Start early. Beauties & Beasts of Fall T-Dance for AID Atlanta @ The Nook, 5 p.m.
• The aquarium turns it out for nearly 2,000 guests. DJ Martin Fry (top photo) makes sure the Official Atlanta Pride Kickoff Party is a good omen for a Pride ’09 you won’t forget, 6:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. @ the Georgia Aquarium. Read our preview.
• Calling all angels! Put on your good-girl or bad-girl wings (second photo) and enjoy the biggest annual Pride women’s event. Heaven Party @ Park Tavern, 9 p.m.-3 a.m. Pre-party @ Bellissima, 6 p.m.
• Get down to the hoe down. International Gay/Lesbian Country Dance @ W Midtown, 7 p.m.
• Youth deserve to have their fun, too. “Disco Pride” Youth Dance @ YouthPride, 8 p.m.
• Not that adults-only should be left out. “Showbiz That Sizzles” burlesque is 21+ and benefits the Rainbow Center @ Paris on Ponce, 8 p.m.
• Gays in theater? Who’da thunk it. Opening night of “FlagBoy!” with Cornelius Jones Jr. (third photo) @ 14th Street Playhouse, 7:30 p.m. “The Harvey Milk Show” @ OnStage Atlanta, 8 p.m. “A Life in the Theatre” with Andre DeShields @ the Alliance, 8 p.m.
• DON’T come as you are. Costume Contest with Chynna Fox @ Amsterdam, 10 p.m. Da Haunted Hood Haunted House @ Traxx, 10 p.m.
Fetish Ball @ the Eagle, 10 p.m. Glitter Ball @ Jungle, 10 p.m. Halloweenie @ Mary’s, 10 p.m. Sinners Ball @ My Sister’s Room, 10 p.m.
• Check out every last nightlife option.