Two dozen get-togethers are what make Friday so gay. Happy hours, Jerusalem House Halloween Bash, artsy pursuits, benefits and more bar nights than you can handle.
• It’s happy, alright, and it’s more than an hour long. Friday Happy Hour @ Bellissima, 6 p.m. 4th Friday Networking with AGLCC, 5:30 p.m. Thank GLAAD It’s Pride @ W Hotel Downtown, 7 p.m.
• Arts appreciation. Fourth Fridays Art Walk @ Studio Plex, 6 p.m. Click Click for Atlanta Celebrates Photography (top photo) @ Kai Lin Art Gallery, 7 p.m. Voices Carry with Poetry Atlanta @ Sycamore Place, 8 p.m.
Atlanta’s premier costume party is hosted by “RHOA” pal Dwight Eubanks: the Jerusalem House Halloween Bash, “Carnevale After Dark” @ Biltmore Hotel, 8 p.m. Read our preview.
• A laundry list of DJs help you cut a rug to benefit animal rescue. Dancing for Dogs @ My Sister’s Room, 10 p.m.
• Special guests. Win free tix to the Atlanta Pride kick-off party and enjoy DJ Vicki Powell @ Mixx, 9 p.m. And She Did (bottom photo) peforms @ Bellissima, 9 p.m. Eagle Appreciation Night with the Atlanta Bucks, 11 p.m.
• Just shut up and point me toward the bar: Aqua Fridays @ Paris Decatur, 9 p.m. Boys Room @ Mary’s, 10 p.m. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m. Fierce Fridays @ LeBuzz, 11 p.m. Kitty LeClaw’s Meow Mix @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. The Mary Edith Pitts Show @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Teresa Tomlinson – the former Columbus mayor running for U.S. Senate – headlined a record-setting Evening for Equality, delivering a blistering critique of 'the lunacy and bigotry' of the Trump administration. READ MORE »
Recently, our advice column suggested 'Manboy' stop policing friends and work on himself. We struck a nerve with a reader showing 10 times the affliction. READ MORE »
Out attorney Marvin Lim wants to put his experience lobbying against anti-LGBTQ “religious freedom” bills at the state legislature to use – by becoming a state lawmaker. READ MORE »
"I recently “Shazamed” a song that was extraordinarily sung and poignantly lyrical. I stopped to be moved and to identify my own story of loss, love and life. READ MORE »
The birth of the Atlanta Rainbow Trout teams came with a small teams championship. Flash forward 24 years, and the local LGBTQ swim club boasts over 100 members. READ MORE »