Thank Gay It’s Friday. Whatever your pleasure, start the weekend off right with happy hours, an art opening, a softball game, soccer boys (photo) bartending, themed bar nights, and so many more events to choose.
• Batter up. Fall softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League. 6 p.m.
• Three artists show their wares for Equinox exhibit opening @ Kai Lin Art. 7 p.m.
• Italian for beautiful. Happy Hour, 6 p.m. Retro Friday, 9 p.m. and the ultimate Tryst, 10:30 p.m. All at @ Bellissima.
• Toto, we’re not in Midtown anymore. Pajamas & Lingerie Dance Party @ StageDoor. 9 p.m. Aqua Fridays @ Paris Decatur. 9 p.m. Boys Room Friday @ Mary’s. 10 p.m. and Fierce Fridays @ LeBuzz. 11 p.m.
• Hotlanta Soccer boys (photo) bartend to raise your, uh, tips @ Atlanta Eagle. 10 p.m.
• Do the Time Warp again. ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ @ Plaza Theatre. 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Out attorney Marvin Lim wants to put his experience lobbying against anti-LGBTQ “religious freedom” bills at the state legislature to use – by becoming a state lawmaker. READ MORE »
"I recently “Shazamed” a song that was extraordinarily sung and poignantly lyrical. I stopped to be moved and to identify my own story of loss, love and life. READ MORE »
The birth of the Atlanta Rainbow Trout teams came with a small teams championship. Flash forward 24 years, and the local LGBTQ swim club boasts over 100 members. READ MORE »
The Candybox Revue hosted a special “Show Your Pride” edition of their monthly burlesque show at My Sister’s Room on Saturday. READ MORE »
Ansley Square was hopping on Saturday as drag shows drew a crowd to Midtown Moon. READ MORE »