Thank Gay It’s Friday. Whatever your pleasure, start the weekend off right with happy hours, an art opening, a softball game, soccer boys (photo) bartending, themed bar nights, and so many more events to choose.
• Batter up. Fall softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League. 6 p.m.
• Three artists show their wares for Equinox exhibit opening @ Kai Lin Art. 7 p.m.
• Italian for beautiful. Happy Hour, 6 p.m. Retro Friday, 9 p.m. and the ultimate Tryst, 10:30 p.m. All at @ Bellissima.
• Toto, we’re not in Midtown anymore. Pajamas & Lingerie Dance Party @ StageDoor. 9 p.m. Aqua Fridays @ Paris Decatur. 9 p.m. Boys Room Friday @ Mary’s. 10 p.m. and Fierce Fridays @ LeBuzz. 11 p.m.
• Hotlanta Soccer boys (photo) bartend to raise your, uh, tips @ Atlanta Eagle. 10 p.m.
• Do the Time Warp again. ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ @ Plaza Theatre. 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Georgia Democratic lawmakers called out Gov. Brian Kemp for having an all-white senior staff, saying his appointments “fall well short of collectively representing Georgia’s population.” READ MORE »
A far-right conspiracy theorist with anti-transgender views has joined the GOP primary for a U.S. House seat in metro Atlanta, one of a handful of anti-LGBTQ candidates in the primary. READ MORE »
Local lesbian Maria Helena Dolan faced down the entire Southern Baptist Convention in 1978. Now Atlanta filmmakers reimagine it for posterity. READ MORE »
The dollars flew and the drinks flowed as the Chug drag show returned to Georgia Beer Garden in Sweet Auburn. READ MORE »
Charis Books & More held its annual fundraiser on Friday featuring performances by several local queer artists. READ MORE »