Thank Gay It’s Friday. Whatever your pleasure, start the weekend off right with happy hours, an art opening, a softball game, soccer boys (photo) bartending, themed bar nights, and so many more events to choose.
• Batter up. Fall softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League. 6 p.m.
• Three artists show their wares for Equinox exhibit opening @ Kai Lin Art. 7 p.m.
• Italian for beautiful. Happy Hour, 6 p.m. Retro Friday, 9 p.m. and the ultimate Tryst, 10:30 p.m. All at @ Bellissima.
• Toto, we’re not in Midtown anymore. Pajamas & Lingerie Dance Party @ StageDoor. 9 p.m. Aqua Fridays @ Paris Decatur. 9 p.m. Boys Room Friday @ Mary’s. 10 p.m. and Fierce Fridays @ LeBuzz. 11 p.m.
• Hotlanta Soccer boys (photo) bartend to raise your, uh, tips @ Atlanta Eagle. 10 p.m.
• Do the Time Warp again. ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ @ Plaza Theatre. 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
The City of Atlanta fired another salvo against Tokyo Valentino, asking a federal court to issue a permanent injunction against the adult superstore — which would shut it down — and put an end to a 20-year legal saga. READ MORE »
Adah-Duval Pittman-Delancey has "Champion” in her official job title, but it also fits her volunteerism with Teach America's LGBTQ youth initiative. READ MORE »
TJ Maxxx outlasted 10 other contestants to nab the Misc Edgewood crown, a cool $2,000 cash prize and a bundle of other prizes. READ MORE »
The Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia elected Barret Broussard as its new president at the LGBTQ legal group’s annual gala dinner. READ MORE »
Lost N Found Youth is celebrating its eighth anniversary by debuting a new 5,000-square-foot youth center, more than doubling its housing space and realigning its leadership. READ MORE »