Thank Gay It’s Friday. Whatever your pleasure, start the weekend off right with happy hours, an art opening, a softball game, soccer boys (photo) bartending, themed bar nights, and so many more events to choose.
• Batter up. Fall softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League. 6 p.m.
• Three artists show their wares for Equinox exhibit opening @ Kai Lin Art. 7 p.m.
• Italian for beautiful. Happy Hour, 6 p.m. Retro Friday, 9 p.m. and the ultimate Tryst, 10:30 p.m. All at @ Bellissima.
• Toto, we’re not in Midtown anymore. Pajamas & Lingerie Dance Party @ StageDoor. 9 p.m. Aqua Fridays @ Paris Decatur. 9 p.m. Boys Room Friday @ Mary’s. 10 p.m. and Fierce Fridays @ LeBuzz. 11 p.m.
• Hotlanta Soccer boys (photo) bartend to raise your, uh, tips @ Atlanta Eagle. 10 p.m.
• Do the Time Warp again. ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ @ Plaza Theatre. 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Sarah Riggs Amico – one of the Democrats hoping to unseat U.S. Sen. David Perdue – kicked off Pride month with a call for racial equality and a public conversation with transgender advocates. READ MORE »
Two LGBTQ elected officials are playing an increasingly visible role in the Atlanta protests that have consumed the city since Friday. READ MORE »
In moving anti-racism treatises issued on Monday, two high-profile Atlanta groups highlighted the racial divide in the LGBTQ movement and listed specific ways they would put intersectionality into action. READ MORE »
Saint Mark United Methodist Church is doing its part to fight the pandemic by offering free walk-up coronavirus testing for the next two Tuesdays and possibly beyond. READ MORE »
Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan broke his silence on a hate crimes law in Georgia, voicing support but calling for significant changes to a measure that’s already passed the state House. READ MORE »