Thank Gay It’s Friday. Whatever your pleasure, start the weekend off right with happy hours, an art opening, a softball game, soccer boys (photo) bartending, themed bar nights, and so many more events to choose.
• Batter up. Fall softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League. 6 p.m.
• Three artists show their wares for Equinox exhibit opening @ Kai Lin Art. 7 p.m.
• Italian for beautiful. Happy Hour, 6 p.m. Retro Friday, 9 p.m. and the ultimate Tryst, 10:30 p.m. All at @ Bellissima.
• Toto, we’re not in Midtown anymore. Pajamas & Lingerie Dance Party @ StageDoor. 9 p.m. Aqua Fridays @ Paris Decatur. 9 p.m. Boys Room Friday @ Mary’s. 10 p.m. and Fierce Fridays @ LeBuzz. 11 p.m.
• Hotlanta Soccer boys (photo) bartend to raise your, uh, tips @ Atlanta Eagle. 10 p.m.
• Do the Time Warp again. ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ @ Plaza Theatre. 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
This week’s Q offers so many hits from so many corners of the LGBTQ village that your head will spin from the variety, but in only the very best ways. READ MORE »
The City of Atlanta canceled a meeting of HIV policy experts in the midst of an HIV housing crisis, prompting nearly 100 advocates to demand an emergency meeting of the Atlanta City Council. READ MORE »
The executive director of an HIV housing agency claims in a new lawsuit that a City of Atlanta official – who was later fired – retaliated against him after he spurned the man’s sexual advances. READ MORE »
Over 90 HIV activists, doctors and researchers expressed a 'total loss of faith and confidence' in the City of Atlanta's ability to manage an HIV housing program as millions in federal funds for the program sit unspent. READ MORE »
"Some 90 minutes and several questions from friends about his absence later, I got a return text, “I’m fine.” “I went home.” What the hell?" READ MORE »