Tuesday’s events won’t make you gay, but they feel like they could:. Simone Bell launches her campaign, two bingo games, ‘Alternative Perspectives’ radio, Judy Shepard (photo) and bar nights to get you in the mood.
• Lesbian candidate Simone Bell launches her campaign for State House District 58 @ Vino Libro. 7 p.m.
• Two chances to yell it out: Bingo @ Woofs. 7 p.m., and My Big Fat Gay Bingo @ Frogs. 7 p.m.
• After a long day, you need to mix and mingle. Social Tuesdays, this week @ Steel. 7 p.m. Big Gay Supper Club @ Agave. 7 p.m.
• Listen in on LGBT issues on the weekly WFRG radio show ‘Alternative Perspectives.’ 7 p.m.
• Postermom Judy Shepard (photo) talks about her book, “The Meaning of Matthew” with Outwrite @ Agnes Scott College. 7:30 p.m.
• You’re a star, whether you Karaoke @ Blake’s. 10 p.m., or Maryoke at Mary’s. 10 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Out attorney Marvin Lim wants to put his experience lobbying against anti-LGBTQ “religious freedom” bills at the state legislature to use – by becoming a state lawmaker. READ MORE »
"I recently “Shazamed” a song that was extraordinarily sung and poignantly lyrical. I stopped to be moved and to identify my own story of loss, love and life. READ MORE »
The birth of the Atlanta Rainbow Trout teams came with a small teams championship. Flash forward 24 years, and the local LGBTQ swim club boasts over 100 members. READ MORE »
The Candybox Revue hosted a special “Show Your Pride” edition of their monthly burlesque show at My Sister’s Room on Saturday. READ MORE »
Ansley Square was hopping on Saturday as drag shows drew a crowd to Midtown Moon. READ MORE »