Tuesday’s events won’t make you gay, but they feel like they could:. Simone Bell launches her campaign, two bingo games, ‘Alternative Perspectives’ radio, Judy Shepard (photo) and bar nights to get you in the mood.
• Lesbian candidate Simone Bell launches her campaign for State House District 58 @ Vino Libro. 7 p.m.
• Two chances to yell it out: Bingo @ Woofs. 7 p.m., and My Big Fat Gay Bingo @ Frogs. 7 p.m.
• After a long day, you need to mix and mingle. Social Tuesdays, this week @ Steel. 7 p.m. Big Gay Supper Club @ Agave. 7 p.m.
• Listen in on LGBT issues on the weekly WFRG radio show ‘Alternative Perspectives.’ 7 p.m.
• Postermom Judy Shepard (photo) talks about her book, “The Meaning of Matthew” with Outwrite @ Agnes Scott College. 7:30 p.m.
• You’re a star, whether you Karaoke @ Blake’s. 10 p.m., or Maryoke at Mary’s. 10 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
This week’s Q offers so many hits from so many corners of the LGBTQ village that your head will spin from the variety, but in only the very best ways. READ MORE »
The City of Atlanta canceled a meeting of HIV policy experts in the midst of an HIV housing crisis, prompting nearly 100 advocates to demand an emergency meeting of the Atlanta City Council. READ MORE »
The executive director of an HIV housing agency claims in a new lawsuit that a City of Atlanta official – who was later fired – retaliated against him after he spurned the man’s sexual advances. READ MORE »
Over 90 HIV activists, doctors and researchers expressed a 'total loss of faith and confidence' in the City of Atlanta's ability to manage an HIV housing program as millions in federal funds for the program sit unspent. READ MORE »
"Some 90 minutes and several questions from friends about his absence later, I got a return text, “I’m fine.” “I went home.” What the hell?" READ MORE »