You tell yourself all kinds of stories to justify their behavior, but look around. We asked LGBTQ Atlantans how and when they knew their significant other was all but gone. Here are their actual quotes on how they could tell.
1. They stop texting you back.
2. They change your name to ‘Felicia’ in their phone.
3. They suggest seeing other people, and oh yeah hey by the way, they already have a head start.
4. Friends stop inviting you out as a couple, because they’d prefer to chew glass than be around you together.
5. They stop leaving their stuff at your place.
6. They start buying their own drinks without asking if you want one.
7. You feel lonely even when they are there.
8. Your conversations with the dog are longer than the ones with them.
9. The mere thought of their arrival makes you want to bolt.
10. They’re too busy with work to hang, but not too busy to stop at the bar with friends.
This feature originally ran in QATLus magazine. Read the full issue online here:
Pick up each new edition of Q ATLus at LGBTQ and allied venues around Atlanta.