Don’t let gray skies cloud your senses or your mood. You can’t control the weather, but you can control what to do with local LGBT events on the calendar to brighten your day.
• Meet and greet. Find out more about a new project at the “Real Rolemodels” After-work Cocktail Party @ Varasano’s, 5 p.m.
• Behind every great man… Celebrating Women in Black Gay Men’s Lives (top photo) panel and reception @ Evolution Project, 6 p.m.
• Mission: Equality. Learn more about what the Human Rights Campaign does and strives for as they ply you with appetizers and drinks during HRC 101 @ Amsterdam, 6:45 p.m.
• Got game? Texas Hold’em Poker @ Mixx, 7 p.m., Team Trivia @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m., Birdcage Bingo with Ruby Redd (bottom photo) @ Mellow Mushroom, 8 p.m., and Trivia @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• After dark. Honey Pot @ Mary’s, 8 p.m., Dress Code @ Heretic, 10 p.m., Rated R Burlesque with Lady Shabazz @ Blake’s, 11 p.m., and more karaoke, cocktails and queens on Wednesday’s whole bar calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The jocks of the Hotlanta Softball League took to the stage on Saturday for the annual Mr. HSL contest, this year held for the first time at Lips. READ MORE »
Bears and bear lovers celebrated all weekend long during Atlanta Bear Pride, which reached its peak on Saturday with DJ Tony Moran and the Bearracuda main event at Heretic. READ MORE »
Stacey Evans – a former state lawmaker now seeking the Democratic nomination for governor – met with LGBT supports in Midtown Atlanta, pledging to fight for LGBT equality and to 'always be there for you.' READ MORE »
Bailing on difficult conversations? Adulting is hard. If you're ghosting instead of confronting, sabotaging yourself to avoid discussion, or missing out over having a chat, it's time to buck up. READ MORE »
The guys behind the gay-owned Guac y Margys are pushing hard to bring margaritas to the Beltline in June. And they are asking for help to close out an online campaign to raise funds to build the new restaurant's patio and bar. READ MORE »