Don’t let gray skies cloud your senses or your mood. You can’t control the weather, but you can control what to do with local LGBT events on the calendar to brighten your day.
• Meet and greet. Find out more about a new project at the “Real Rolemodels” After-work Cocktail Party @ Varasano’s, 5 p.m.
• Behind every great man… Celebrating Women in Black Gay Men’s Lives (top photo) panel and reception @ Evolution Project, 6 p.m.
• Mission: Equality. Learn more about what the Human Rights Campaign does and strives for as they ply you with appetizers and drinks during HRC 101 @ Amsterdam, 6:45 p.m.
• Got game? Texas Hold’em Poker @ Mixx, 7 p.m., Team Trivia @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m., Birdcage Bingo with Ruby Redd (bottom photo) @ Mellow Mushroom, 8 p.m., and Trivia @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• After dark. Honey Pot @ Mary’s, 8 p.m., Dress Code @ Heretic, 10 p.m., Rated R Burlesque with Lady Shabazz @ Blake’s, 11 p.m., and more karaoke, cocktails and queens on Wednesday’s whole bar calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Georgia Equality endorsed a batch of candidates in municipal races across Atlanta, reaffirming its support for Cathy Woolard's mayoral run and supporting some – but not all – LGBT candidates on the ballot. READ MORE »
An anchor of gay Atlanta nightlife is shutting its doors in November, with Jungle becoming the latest victim in a changing Cheshire Bridge Road. READ MORE »
No more hurricanes or earthquakes, please. Just the natural goodness of living out and proud on another event-packed weekend that hits LGBT Atlanta like an act of god to blow you away. READ MORE »
Bars across Atlanta will get to stay open an extra three hours on Sunday night of Pride weekend next month, continuing a tradition that pushes back last call for the big gay holiday weekend. READ MORE »
Pop singers Kylie Minogue and Robyn were celebrated late into the night on Saturday as LGBTQ Atlanta partied its way through another Icon at Jungle. READ MORE »