Don’t let gray skies cloud your senses or your mood. You can’t control the weather, but you can control what to do with local LGBT events on the calendar to brighten your day.
• Meet and greet. Find out more about a new project at the “Real Rolemodels” After-work Cocktail Party @ Varasano’s, 5 p.m.
• Behind every great man… Celebrating Women in Black Gay Men’s Lives (top photo) panel and reception @ Evolution Project, 6 p.m.
• Mission: Equality. Learn more about what the Human Rights Campaign does and strives for as they ply you with appetizers and drinks during HRC 101 @ Amsterdam, 6:45 p.m.
• Got game? Texas Hold’em Poker @ Mixx, 7 p.m., Team Trivia @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m., Birdcage Bingo with Ruby Redd (bottom photo) @ Mellow Mushroom, 8 p.m., and Trivia @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• After dark. Honey Pot @ Mary’s, 8 p.m., Dress Code @ Heretic, 10 p.m., Rated R Burlesque with Lady Shabazz @ Blake’s, 11 p.m., and more karaoke, cocktails and queens on Wednesday’s whole bar calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The Georgia Senate passed a bill to reform the state's adoption laws after removing anti-LGBT language. But Republican lawmakers promised to introduce a new bill that would allow religious agencies to ban adoptions by LGBT people. READ MORE »
Meet Taylor Alxndr and get a load of her vision for LGBTQ entertainment in Atlanta. Music, performance artists and more come together for a unique queer experience this week. READ MORE »
They have a reserved spot leading the Atlanta Pride parade, but Dykes on Bikes are so much more. They're social justice warriors, comrades and community members. Meet them all. READ MORE »
The Fayette County Commission stepped into the contentious debate over 'religious freedom' legislation, voting to support a bill panned by critics as anti-LGBT and a threat to the state's economy. READ MORE »
Good or bad, snow or shine, the week was the week. But now is now. Shuck off the past with LGBT events that put the gay in your day from all the folks who put the queer in your year. READ MORE »