Ladies and Gentlemen, we give you the Gay Agenda. Tuesday’s uncut, unapologetic LGBT to-do list for Atlanta, including business lunch, sports, chats, musicals, games, karaoke and more.
• Midtown professionals. Business Builder Luncheon with Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce @ Cowtippers, 11:55 a.m.
• Net gains. Hotlanta Volleyball intermediate games, 7:30 p.m. Water Polo with Atlanta Rainbow Trout (top photo), 7:30 p.m.
• Hearts and minds. After last night’s homophobia rally, the hosts from “Alternative Perspectives” radio bring it home with their weekly show on WRFG, 7 p.m. Change Your World with Be Present, Inc. @ Charis, 7 p.m.
• Game night in the ATL. Bingo @ Woofs, 7 p.m., My Big Fat Gay Bingo @ Frogs, 7 p.m., Trivia @ Blake’s, 7 p.m., Family Poker Night @ 3 Legged Cowboy, 7:30 p.m., The Ultimate Music Challenge Trivia @ Cowtippers, 8 p.m., Wii Bowling Tournament @ the Heretic, 9:30 p.m., and even more game nights on the full bar calendar.
• Bestselling author of “The World of Normal Boys,” K.M. Soehnlein (photo) revisits his main character in the ‘80s coming-of-age tale “Robin and Ruby” @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m.
• Musical influence. “Avenue Q” opens @ Cobb Energy Center, 8 p.m. (Read our preview with discount ticket info), “Glee” and Showtunes @ Amsterdam, 9 p.m.
• It’s all you. Truth or Dare Karaoke @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m., Mary-oke @ Mary’s, 9 p.m., Karaoke, Eagle Style @ the Eagle, 10 p.m. “Wild Card” Talent Night @ Blake’s 10 p.m. Karaoke w/ Richard @ Burkhart’s, 11 p.m.
• The complete Tuesday bar calendar is at your fingertips, including Princess Charles and the Sophisticated Ladies of Atlanta Cabaret Show @ Shout!, 10:30 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
You take any opportunity to celebrate, but Memorial Gay Weekend Atlanta makes getting some party a no-brainer. Catch up on downtime and kick off summer with events for every L,G, B and T. READ MORE »
LGBTQ activists are at the center of a growing push in the City of Atlanta to eliminate jail time and reduce the fines for possession of small amounts of marijuana. READ MORE »
Move over, Atlanta pride celebrations. There's one more festival making room for inclusion. Southern Fried Queer Pride offers five days of events through the Memorial Weekend holiday. READ MORE »
Two gay Atlanta men were robbed – and one shot – during an early-morning attack on Saturday outside a popular gay bar in East Atlanta. READ MORE »
Gay Atlanta boys and their leather daddies love a pop diva. So they showed up in force on Saturday for the Eagle's Britney Bash. READ MORE »