Tuesday? Well, it’s better than Monday. Do what you have to do, finish what you need to do, then consult today’s Gay Agenda to find LGBT events that you actually want to do.
• And they’re off. Runoff Election Day @ Your Polling Place, through 7 p.m. Click to find your precint, and remember gay City Council member Lance Rhodes (top photo) needs East Point voters, and an Atlanta School Board race took a transphobic turn.
• Gleek out. It’s sectionals night on Fox’s hit series (middle photo) and Tuesday Movie Night & “Glee” @ Mixx includes “Polar Express,” 6 p.m., “Glee” at 8 p.m. and “Toy Story 3” at 9 p.m., or join the “Glee” Watch Party & Evolve! Showtunes @ Amsterdam, 8 p.m.
• Office party. LGBT professionals celebrate the season at the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce Holiday Party @ Melia Hotel, 6 p.m.
• Word up. Queer Poetry Night celebrates the release of local writer Megan Volpert’s “Sonics in Warholia” (bottom photo) @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m., and Jennie Knight with “Feminist Mysticism and Images of God” @ Charis, 7:30 p.m.
• Take the mic. “I’ve Gotta Sing” Karaoke @ Blake’s, 7 p.m., Krazy Karaoke @ Le Buzz, 9 p.m., Mary-oke @ Mary’s, 9 p.m., Karaoke @ Burkhart’s, 11 p.m., and more bars to sing about on the full nightlife calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
With the lights up and out at Jungle and the future of gay dance clubs in question, meet the people in charge of some of the most popular gay bars and clubs, and let them welcome you in their own words. READ MORE »
Revolution and resistance are part and parcel of queer identity. While others learn to express non-traditional lives as opposition to the Trump regime, LGBTQ communities are already rolling with ours. READ MORE »
Another weekend, another packed-full Queer Agenda calendar the popping parties and people that make you pleased to participate. Step up as local LGBTQ venues roll out your red carpet. READ MORE »
So your bestie has a new love, only that new love is hitting on you bigtime. Which one do you talk to first, and how? You have issues. Advice from our Life Judge can help. READ MORE »
With the floor swept and the lights up on a new post-Jungle era, what’s next? A chat with Richard Cherskov about the demise of the club, and the future of Atlanta's LGBTQ nightlife. READ MORE »