Tuesday? Well, it’s better than Monday. Do what you have to do, finish what you need to do, then consult today’s Gay Agenda to find LGBT events that you actually want to do.
• And they’re off. Runoff Election Day @ Your Polling Place, through 7 p.m. Click to find your precint, and remember gay City Council member Lance Rhodes (top photo) needs East Point voters, and an Atlanta School Board race took a transphobic turn.
• Gleek out. It’s sectionals night on Fox’s hit series (middle photo) and Tuesday Movie Night & “Glee” @ Mixx includes “Polar Express,” 6 p.m., “Glee” at 8 p.m. and “Toy Story 3” at 9 p.m., or join the “Glee” Watch Party & Evolve! Showtunes @ Amsterdam, 8 p.m.
• Office party. LGBT professionals celebrate the season at the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce Holiday Party @ Melia Hotel, 6 p.m.
• Word up. Queer Poetry Night celebrates the release of local writer Megan Volpert’s “Sonics in Warholia” (bottom photo) @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m., and Jennie Knight with “Feminist Mysticism and Images of God” @ Charis, 7:30 p.m.
• Take the mic. “I’ve Gotta Sing” Karaoke @ Blake’s, 7 p.m., Krazy Karaoke @ Le Buzz, 9 p.m., Mary-oke @ Mary’s, 9 p.m., Karaoke @ Burkhart’s, 11 p.m., and more bars to sing about on the full nightlife calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The transgender woman whose silicone injection killed popular Atlanta entertainer Lateasha Shuntel was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison. READ MORE »
You take any opportunity to celebrate, but Memorial Gay Weekend Atlanta makes getting some party a no-brainer. Catch up on downtime and kick off summer with events for every L,G, B and T. READ MORE »
LGBTQ activists are at the center of a growing push in the City of Atlanta to eliminate jail time and reduce the fines for possession of small amounts of marijuana. READ MORE »
Move over, Atlanta pride celebrations. There's one more festival making room for inclusion. Southern Fried Queer Pride offers five days of events through the Memorial Weekend holiday. READ MORE »
Two gay Atlanta men were robbed – and one shot – during an early-morning attack on Saturday outside a popular gay bar in East Atlanta. READ MORE »