Tuesday? Well, it’s better than Monday. Do what you have to do, finish what you need to do, then consult today’s Gay Agenda to find LGBT events that you actually want to do.
• And they’re off. Runoff Election Day @ Your Polling Place, through 7 p.m. Click to find your precint, and remember gay City Council member Lance Rhodes (top photo) needs East Point voters, and an Atlanta School Board race took a transphobic turn.
• Gleek out. It’s sectionals night on Fox’s hit series (middle photo) and Tuesday Movie Night & “Glee” @ Mixx includes “Polar Express,” 6 p.m., “Glee” at 8 p.m. and “Toy Story 3” at 9 p.m., or join the “Glee” Watch Party & Evolve! Showtunes @ Amsterdam, 8 p.m.
• Office party. LGBT professionals celebrate the season at the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce Holiday Party @ Melia Hotel, 6 p.m.
• Word up. Queer Poetry Night celebrates the release of local writer Megan Volpert’s “Sonics in Warholia” (bottom photo) @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m., and Jennie Knight with “Feminist Mysticism and Images of God” @ Charis, 7:30 p.m.
• Take the mic. “I’ve Gotta Sing” Karaoke @ Blake’s, 7 p.m., Krazy Karaoke @ Le Buzz, 9 p.m., Mary-oke @ Mary’s, 9 p.m., Karaoke @ Burkhart’s, 11 p.m., and more bars to sing about on the full nightlife calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Fun, frustrating and fearful. I never thought I'd be looking at this age, but since I am, I commit to look beyond the surface and not value wrapping over content. READ MORE »
Atlanta’s favorite glow-in-the-dark body paint party WackedOutBlackOut returned to My Sister’s Room on Saturday courtesy of host Wussy Mag. READ MORE »
DJ Diablo Rojo's popular quarterly party series ManShaft was back at Heretic on Saturday, and the boys reported to duty in military gear as ordered to mark the occasion. READ MORE »
After six long months away, popular long-running drag show Stars of the Century makes its Memorial Day return at its new home, Heretic. The show ended after Jungle closed last November. READ MORE »
The hookup was all good. Now you're all in, but are they? What happens when three Q readers who want more find out that their objects of affection might just be hittin' it and quittin' it? READ MORE »