You’re almost there. Just when you thought the week was going to get the best of you, round the corner with today’s LGBT events in sight to carry you victorious to the finish line.
• Anti-immigrant laws? Just say no at today’s Rally 4 Truth @ State Capitol, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Preview the event, which also features Indigo Girls (top photo).
• Entrepreneurial spirit. AEN Fourth Thursday features author and start-up guru Gail Reid @ Rush Center, 6:30 p.m.
• Triumphant return. Former Atlantan and erotica writer Fiona Zedde (bottom photo) reads and signs “Dangerous Pleasures” @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m. Read our preview.
• Tastes a little gamey. Texas Hold’em Poker @ Blake’s, 7 p.m., Crazy Bitch Bingo @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m., and Trivia @ Joe’s, 8 p.m.
• Get on down. Xplosive Thursday @ My Sister’s Room, 9 p.m., ¡Azuca! Latin Night with DJ Karlitos @ The Heretic, 10 p.m., and more gay and lesbian bars than you can get to on Thursday’s complete nightlife calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Transgender activists and LGBT allies commemorated lives lost to anti-trans violence during the annual Transgender Day of Remembrance at the Rush Center. READ MORE »
'Tis the season for holiday parties with a charitable twist. So Impulse Group Atlanta offered its take on Saturday with 'A Candy Coated Affair Holiday Party,' the group's fifth annual holiday celebration. READ MORE »
Terminal Uniqueness has run rampant, and we have important work to be done instead. Yes, we celebrate every shade in the LGBTQ rainbow, but what makes you so special? READ MORE »
Men and women clad in Speedos and little else in freezing temperatures bared their holiday best Saturday for the 9th Annual Atlanta Santa Speedo Run. READ MORE »
The U.S. Supreme Court refused on Monday to hear the case of Jameka Evans, an Atlanta woman harassed and then fired from her job for being a lesbian. READ MORE »