You’re almost there. Just when you thought the week was going to get the best of you, round the corner with today’s LGBT events in sight to carry you victorious to the finish line.
• Anti-immigrant laws? Just say no at today’s Rally 4 Truth @ State Capitol, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Preview the event, which also features Indigo Girls (top photo).
• Entrepreneurial spirit. AEN Fourth Thursday features author and start-up guru Gail Reid @ Rush Center, 6:30 p.m.
• Triumphant return. Former Atlantan and erotica writer Fiona Zedde (bottom photo) reads and signs “Dangerous Pleasures” @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m. Read our preview.
• Tastes a little gamey. Texas Hold’em Poker @ Blake’s, 7 p.m., Crazy Bitch Bingo @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m., and Trivia @ Joe’s, 8 p.m.
• Get on down. Xplosive Thursday @ My Sister’s Room, 9 p.m., ¡Azuca! Latin Night with DJ Karlitos @ The Heretic, 10 p.m., and more gay and lesbian bars than you can get to on Thursday’s complete nightlife calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Biceps were bulging on Saturday as jocks set aside their adult beverages and took to the floor of Woofs to do pushups for a cause. READ MORE »
A diverse group of eight LGBT activists, advocates, allies and organizations will have the honor of leading the Atlanta Pride parade in October. READ MORE »
Ten closed its parking lot and blew the doors off by partying all over last weekend with its days-long Stonewall Pride Block Party. READ MORE »
DJ Paulo returned to Atlanta to once again headline Peach Party, delivering a Saturday night set worthy of the main event for the weekend-long summer celebration. READ MORE »
All the work you did this week earned you a treat. Shove your hand deep into the LGBT Atlanta goodie bag and come up with gay events that reward you with shows, soirees and summits. READ MORE »