You’re almost there. Just when you thought the week was going to get the best of you, round the corner with today’s LGBT events in sight to carry you victorious to the finish line.
• Anti-immigrant laws? Just say no at today’s Rally 4 Truth @ State Capitol, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Preview the event, which also features Indigo Girls (top photo).
• Entrepreneurial spirit. AEN Fourth Thursday features author and start-up guru Gail Reid @ Rush Center, 6:30 p.m.
• Triumphant return. Former Atlantan and erotica writer Fiona Zedde (bottom photo) reads and signs “Dangerous Pleasures” @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m. Read our preview.
• Tastes a little gamey. Texas Hold’em Poker @ Blake’s, 7 p.m., Crazy Bitch Bingo @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m., and Trivia @ Joe’s, 8 p.m.
• Get on down. Xplosive Thursday @ My Sister’s Room, 9 p.m., ¡Azuca! Latin Night with DJ Karlitos @ The Heretic, 10 p.m., and more gay and lesbian bars than you can get to on Thursday’s complete nightlife calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Cathy Woolard wants to be mayor. Sure, you might support her because she'd make history as Atlanta's first openly gay leader. But Woolard wants your vote because, she argues, she can do the job. READ MORE »
Atlanta’s gay sports bar got in on the Pride action starting on Friday and didn’t let up with a different game on every screen from College Football Saturday right through NFL Sunday. READ MORE »
Gay Atlanta often shortens the name Blake’s on the Park to “Blake’s” for simplicity sake, but during Pride, it’s the “Park” that makes it so ideal for a little extra merriment just steps away from the festival. READ MORE »
Sunday Funday got its ante upped on Pride Weekend. The weekly indoor-outdoor festivities at Ten on the corner of 10th Street and Piedmont Avenue became a hub for the annual Atlanta Pride Parade. READ MORE »
If you’re LGBTQ in Atlanta, and you are honey, you already know every Friday is the place to go for a welcoming time of dudes, drinks and DJ beats. On Pride weekend, it’s time to turn it up. READ MORE »