You’re almost there. Just when you thought the week was going to get the best of you, round the corner with today’s LGBT events in sight to carry you victorious to the finish line.
• Anti-immigrant laws? Just say no at today’s Rally 4 Truth @ State Capitol, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Preview the event, which also features Indigo Girls (top photo).
• Entrepreneurial spirit. AEN Fourth Thursday features author and start-up guru Gail Reid @ Rush Center, 6:30 p.m.
• Triumphant return. Former Atlantan and erotica writer Fiona Zedde (bottom photo) reads and signs “Dangerous Pleasures” @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m. Read our preview.
• Tastes a little gamey. Texas Hold’em Poker @ Blake’s, 7 p.m., Crazy Bitch Bingo @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m., and Trivia @ Joe’s, 8 p.m.
• Get on down. Xplosive Thursday @ My Sister’s Room, 9 p.m., ¡Azuca! Latin Night with DJ Karlitos @ The Heretic, 10 p.m., and more gay and lesbian bars than you can get to on Thursday’s complete nightlife calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Queer ATLiens are gloriously diverse, but with certain common qualities that connect us: Our Southern-fried pride is a tenacity of steel, smelted in adversity and formed in determination. READ MORE »
The jocks of the Hotlanta Softball League took to the stage on Saturday for the annual Mr. HSL contest, this year held for the first time at Lips. READ MORE »
Bears and bear lovers celebrated all weekend long during Atlanta Bear Pride, which reached its peak on Saturday with DJ Tony Moran and the Bearracuda main event at Heretic. READ MORE »
Stacey Evans – a former state lawmaker now seeking the Democratic nomination for governor – met with LGBT supports in Midtown Atlanta, pledging to fight for LGBT equality and to 'always be there for you.' READ MORE »
Bailing on difficult conversations? Adulting is hard. If you're ghosting instead of confronting, sabotaging yourself to avoid discussion, or missing out over having a chat, it's time to buck up. READ MORE »