Whether you want to keep the party going or turn it down a notch, Sunday in LGBT Atlanta offers something that’s just your speed. From brunch to shows to Oscar Night, we have you covered.
• DJ Sean Mac (top photo) spins Papi’s Winter Brunch @ Las Margaritas, until 3 p.m.
• Not while I’m eating. Wait. We mean while you’re eating. Charlie Brown’s Sunday Brunch @ Joia, through 5 p.m.
• You Time, well spent. Frankly Open gay AA/NA @ St. Bart’s, 4 p.m.
• Everyboydy’s watching. Oscar Night party @ Artmore Hotel’s Studio Bar. Read our big gay Academy Awards preview. The red carpet goes live at 7 p.m., and the ceremony airs at 7 p.m. on ABC, Comcast 3 and 803.
• When “diva” meant one thing. Atlanta Opera presents Verdi’s “Aida” (bottom photo) @ Cobb Energy Center, 3 p.m.
• Two shows, one long-held gay Atlanta tradition: Sunday drag with The Armorettes @ Blake’s, 8 p.m. and the Mary Edith Pitts’ Sunday Spectacular @ Burhart’s, 9 p.m.
• You keep on eatin’ bars. Door to door, hall to hall, wall to wall. You can eat ‘em all: Sunday’s full bar life calendar.
There are so many more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Out Atlanta counselor Alexandra Tyler presents her first in a series of enlightening articles exploring relationships between more than two people, this time on navigating expectations. READ MORE »
You tell yourself all kinds of stories about their behavior, but look around. We asked queer Atlantans how they knew their loved one was already all but gone. Here’s how you can tell. READ MORE »
Besides the MondoHomo festival in the mid-2000s, queer representation in Georgia bands has mostly been sparse over the decades. Now get ready for some Queercore. READ MORE »
DJ Joe Gauthreaux – who knows how to work the hunks of Atlanta Pride nightlife and so many more signature local events – returned on Saturday to give Heretic a Rise. READ MORE »
Don’t let rain wash out your hopes for an amazing LGBTQ weekend. The Queer Agenda has performers united, partiers unchained, a fab annual benefit, and everything in between. READ MORE »