Hello, weekend! It’s so good to see you. How you doin’? Nice to see you haven’t changed a bit, offering such a wide variety of LGBT gatherings, shows, parties and bar nights.
• Afternoon or evening? Broadway Series’ “The Wizard of Oz” @ Cobb Centre, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m., “Bring It On: The Musical” @ Alliance Theatre, 2:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
• You’ve heard gays recruit. Well, these guys do. Hotlanta Softball League Recruitment Party is the latest a long line of pre-season bashes for new members, this time @ New Order, 4 p.m.
• It’s getting hot in here. “Body & Soul” opening (top photo) @ pb&j gallery, 7 p.m. Ogle our preview of the photos in exhibit.
• Special guests. DJ Lydia Prim command performance @ the Heretic, 10 p.m., DJ Paulo (bottom photo) with Carioca @ Jungle, 10 p.m., Maria Gabriella Band @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m.
• You love the nightlife. Before you head out, click through every last scheduled event on Saturday’s entire LGBT bar and party calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The Fayette County Commission stepped into the contentious debate over 'religious freedom' legislation, voting to support a bill panned by critics as anti-LGBT and a threat to the state's economy. READ MORE »
Good or bad, snow or shine, the week was the week. But now is now. Shuck off the past with LGBT events that put the gay in your day from all the folks who put the queer in your year. READ MORE »
Adam Wynn – a gay Democrat and self-employed entrepreneur – launched a bid for a metro Atlanta Congressional seat, hoping to unseat an incumbent who has condemned LGBT people and cozied up to supporters who do the same. READ MORE »
Supporters of anti-LGBT 'religious freedom' legislation rallied at the State Capitol on Tuesday, re-igniting a years-long contentious fight by calling on lawmakers to pass their bill. READ MORE »
Slurs can be hurtful. When we use them as a term of endearment or twist the concepts, we reclaim our terms, remove their power, and shift their meanings in our favor. Here are our top ten. READ MORE »