You can lead a horse to vacation, but you can’t make it last forever. Back to the grind, but you can soften the blow by looking forward to these local LGBT events.
• Treat them well and let them lead the way. Empowered Forum and Trans & Friends @ YouthPride (top photo). Both 6:30 p.m.
• If this is your first day back at work, you may never have needed a Happy Hour more. Margarita Mondays @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m. S.I.N. (Service Industry Night) @ Model T, 6 p.m. Karaoke with CJ @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m.
• Somebody’s going home extra pissed. Both undefeated, Boise State takes on TCU in the Fiesta Bowl @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• Nothing makes us think of what drag queens do like sushi. Dragamaki (photo) while you eat @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m. More drag: Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. Stars of the Century @ Jungle, 10:30 p.m.
• There’s a full list of Monday bar nights, including but certainly not limited to Showtunes videos @ Mixx, 9 p.m., Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Transgender activists and LGBT allies commemorated lives lost to anti-trans violence during the annual Transgender Day of Remembrance at the Rush Center. READ MORE »
'Tis the season for holiday parties with a charitable twist. So Impulse Group Atlanta offered its take on Saturday with 'A Candy Coated Affair Holiday Party,' the group's fifth annual holiday celebration. READ MORE »
Terminal Uniqueness has run rampant, and we have important work to be done instead. Yes, we celebrate every shade in the LGBTQ rainbow, but what makes you so special? READ MORE »
Men and women clad in Speedos and little else in freezing temperatures bared their holiday best Saturday for the 9th Annual Atlanta Santa Speedo Run. READ MORE »
The U.S. Supreme Court refused on Monday to hear the case of Jameka Evans, an Atlanta woman harassed and then fired from her job for being a lesbian. READ MORE »