You can lead a horse to vacation, but you can’t make it last forever. Back to the grind, but you can soften the blow by looking forward to these local LGBT events.
• Treat them well and let them lead the way. Empowered Forum and Trans & Friends @ YouthPride (top photo). Both 6:30 p.m.
• If this is your first day back at work, you may never have needed a Happy Hour more. Margarita Mondays @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m. S.I.N. (Service Industry Night) @ Model T, 6 p.m. Karaoke with CJ @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m.
• Somebody’s going home extra pissed. Both undefeated, Boise State takes on TCU in the Fiesta Bowl @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• Nothing makes us think of what drag queens do like sushi. Dragamaki (photo) while you eat @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m. More drag: Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. Stars of the Century @ Jungle, 10:30 p.m.
• There’s a full list of Monday bar nights, including but certainly not limited to Showtunes videos @ Mixx, 9 p.m., Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
An Atlanta police officer accused of beating a Bulldogs patron – and fatally shooting another man in a separate incident – is once again providing off-duty security at the Midtown LGBT bar. READ MORE »
Biceps were bulging on Saturday as jocks set aside their adult beverages and took to the floor of Woofs to do pushups for a cause. READ MORE »
A diverse group of eight LGBT activists, advocates, allies and organizations will have the honor of leading the Atlanta Pride parade in October. READ MORE »
Ten closed its parking lot and blew the doors off by partying all over last weekend with its days-long Stonewall Pride Block Party. READ MORE »
DJ Paulo returned to Atlanta to once again headline Peach Party, delivering a Saturday night set worthy of the main event for the weekend-long summer celebration. READ MORE »