You can lead a horse to vacation, but you can’t make it last forever. Back to the grind, but you can soften the blow by looking forward to these local LGBT events.
• Treat them well and let them lead the way. Empowered Forum and Trans & Friends @ YouthPride (top photo). Both 6:30 p.m.
• If this is your first day back at work, you may never have needed a Happy Hour more. Margarita Mondays @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m. S.I.N. (Service Industry Night) @ Model T, 6 p.m. Karaoke with CJ @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m.
• Somebody’s going home extra pissed. Both undefeated, Boise State takes on TCU in the Fiesta Bowl @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• Nothing makes us think of what drag queens do like sushi. Dragamaki (photo) while you eat @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m. More drag: Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. Stars of the Century @ Jungle, 10:30 p.m.
• There’s a full list of Monday bar nights, including but certainly not limited to Showtunes videos @ Mixx, 9 p.m., Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Even if you don’t know his name, you surely know Leslie Jordan from something. The actor with the pronounced Southern drawl has made his presence known in films, TV and his Emmy-winning performance on 'Will & Grace.' Now he returns to Atlanta with his new show. READ MORE »
The dancers of Swinging Richards have been baring it all for gay Atlanta audiences for years. Now, they’re about to show what they’ve got on screen – beyond the hot bodies. READ MORE »
Two Republican senators made a last-ditch effort to push through an anti-LGBT 'religious freedom' bill late Tuesday, another in a string of legislative tricks to try and get the measure passed. READ MORE »
Advocates for decriminalizing HIV in Georgia saw small wins last week as two measures from state lawmakers that would create committees to study the issue moved closer to passage. READ MORE »
The Georgia House on Tuesday easily approved legislation expanding access to medical marijuana to include people with AIDS and five other conditions. READ MORE »