You can lead a horse to vacation, but you can’t make it last forever. Back to the grind, but you can soften the blow by looking forward to these local LGBT events.
• Treat them well and let them lead the way. Empowered Forum and Trans & Friends @ YouthPride (top photo). Both 6:30 p.m.
• If this is your first day back at work, you may never have needed a Happy Hour more. Margarita Mondays @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m. S.I.N. (Service Industry Night) @ Model T, 6 p.m. Karaoke with CJ @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m.
• Somebody’s going home extra pissed. Both undefeated, Boise State takes on TCU in the Fiesta Bowl @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• Nothing makes us think of what drag queens do like sushi. Dragamaki (photo) while you eat @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m. More drag: Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. Stars of the Century @ Jungle, 10:30 p.m.
• There’s a full list of Monday bar nights, including but certainly not limited to Showtunes videos @ Mixx, 9 p.m., Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The transgender woman whose silicone injection killed popular Atlanta entertainer Lateasha Shuntel was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison. READ MORE »
You take any opportunity to celebrate, but Memorial Gay Weekend Atlanta makes getting some party a no-brainer. Catch up on downtime and kick off summer with events for every L,G, B and T. READ MORE »
LGBTQ activists are at the center of a growing push in the City of Atlanta to eliminate jail time and reduce the fines for possession of small amounts of marijuana. READ MORE »
Move over, Atlanta pride celebrations. There's one more festival making room for inclusion. Southern Fried Queer Pride offers five days of events through the Memorial Weekend holiday. READ MORE »
Two gay Atlanta men were robbed – and one shot – during an early-morning attack on Saturday outside a popular gay bar in East Atlanta. READ MORE »