You can lead a horse to vacation, but you can’t make it last forever. Back to the grind, but you can soften the blow by looking forward to these local LGBT events.
• Treat them well and let them lead the way. Empowered Forum and Trans & Friends @ YouthPride (top photo). Both 6:30 p.m.
• If this is your first day back at work, you may never have needed a Happy Hour more. Margarita Mondays @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m. S.I.N. (Service Industry Night) @ Model T, 6 p.m. Karaoke with CJ @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m.
• Somebody’s going home extra pissed. Both undefeated, Boise State takes on TCU in the Fiesta Bowl @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• Nothing makes us think of what drag queens do like sushi. Dragamaki (photo) while you eat @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m. More drag: Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. Stars of the Century @ Jungle, 10:30 p.m.
• There’s a full list of Monday bar nights, including but certainly not limited to Showtunes videos @ Mixx, 9 p.m., Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The unsung hero quashing sodomy laws, the way he was milked in the process, and how the movement for LGBTQ rights is sometimes paved over the backs of our most beautiful misfits. READ MORE »
If an older man wants to make you princess and you're not the one, or when a so-called ‘friend’ chokes on his own HIV stigma, it's time to ask Life Judge. It's The Q. READ MORE »
Bundled up to your eyeballs, one of the only places to add color in the bleak midwinter is our hair. This year, it's in totally unnatural, completely vibrant and entirely fabulous hues. READ MORE »
Atlanta writer discusses "trans chasers" who fetishize her make meaningful connections tough, and suggests ways to avoid being one of them. READ MORE »
The last three-day holiday weekend until Easter packs a gay punch for MLK Day in Atlanta. Parties, performances, mixers, meetings and more stay busy through Monday. READ MORE »