You can lead a horse to vacation, but you can’t make it last forever. Back to the grind, but you can soften the blow by looking forward to these local LGBT events.
• Treat them well and let them lead the way. Empowered Forum and Trans & Friends @ YouthPride (top photo). Both 6:30 p.m.
• If this is your first day back at work, you may never have needed a Happy Hour more. Margarita Mondays @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m. S.I.N. (Service Industry Night) @ Model T, 6 p.m. Karaoke with CJ @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m.
• Somebody’s going home extra pissed. Both undefeated, Boise State takes on TCU in the Fiesta Bowl @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• Nothing makes us think of what drag queens do like sushi. Dragamaki (photo) while you eat @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m. More drag: Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. Stars of the Century @ Jungle, 10:30 p.m.
• There’s a full list of Monday bar nights, including but certainly not limited to Showtunes videos @ Mixx, 9 p.m., Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Volunteer bachelors and bachelorettes raised bucks for an HIV charity by auctioning dates with them to the highest bidder during an annual charity event at Blake's. READ MORE »
Ready 4 Hope opened its season of fundraising for HIV causes with food, fun and an afternoon of Bear-B-Q on Saturday at Heretic. READ MORE »
Jon Ossoff received a hero's welcome on Saturday, generating buzz and getting mobbed by supporters as he and other candidates took part in the 30th Annual HRC Gala Dinner & Auction. READ MORE »
The HRC Atlanta Gala Dinner & Auction turned 30 on Saturday, celebrating with a sold-out crowd dressed in their formal best and honoring local heroes. READ MORE »
The large pansies of the Pansy Patrol – the group that uses its flower power to combat the evil of anti-LGBT protesters during Atlanta Pride – is being honored for its peaceful, simple and yet powerful work. READ MORE »