You can lead a horse to vacation, but you can’t make it last forever. Back to the grind, but you can soften the blow by looking forward to these local LGBT events.
• Treat them well and let them lead the way. Empowered Forum and Trans & Friends @ YouthPride (top photo). Both 6:30 p.m.
• If this is your first day back at work, you may never have needed a Happy Hour more. Margarita Mondays @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m. S.I.N. (Service Industry Night) @ Model T, 6 p.m. Karaoke with CJ @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m.
• Somebody’s going home extra pissed. Both undefeated, Boise State takes on TCU in the Fiesta Bowl @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• Nothing makes us think of what drag queens do like sushi. Dragamaki (photo) while you eat @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m. More drag: Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. Stars of the Century @ Jungle, 10:30 p.m.
• There’s a full list of Monday bar nights, including but certainly not limited to Showtunes videos @ Mixx, 9 p.m., Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
You will never live up to your perception of the Seven Dwarves in the LGBTQ village, so stop comparing their social media highlight reels to your behind-the-scenes footage. READ MORE »
The Human Rights Campaign on Friday endorsed former Georgia House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams for governor. READ MORE »
One thing people aren’t used to seeing in House District 179 in St. Simons is a Democrat on the ballot, which will change this fall thanks to lesbian school administrator Julie Jordan. READ MORE »
Gird your loins, children. Stonewall Month kicks off more than three-dozen events that keep your to-do list hot as the summer sun all season long. Summer, slain. READ MORE »
One of the busiest weekends of Atlanta’s LGBTQ calendar lands with enough event options to fill several weekends. The Queer Agenda helps you sort it out and plan your attack. READ MORE »