You can lead a horse to vacation, but you can’t make it last forever. Back to the grind, but you can soften the blow by looking forward to these local LGBT events.
• Treat them well and let them lead the way. Empowered Forum and Trans & Friends @ YouthPride (top photo). Both 6:30 p.m.
• If this is your first day back at work, you may never have needed a Happy Hour more. Margarita Mondays @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m. S.I.N. (Service Industry Night) @ Model T, 6 p.m. Karaoke with CJ @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m.
• Somebody’s going home extra pissed. Both undefeated, Boise State takes on TCU in the Fiesta Bowl @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• Nothing makes us think of what drag queens do like sushi. Dragamaki (photo) while you eat @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m. More drag: Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. Stars of the Century @ Jungle, 10:30 p.m.
• There’s a full list of Monday bar nights, including but certainly not limited to Showtunes videos @ Mixx, 9 p.m., Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Sunday Funday got its ante upped on Pride Weekend. The weekly indoor-outdoor festivities at Ten on the corner of 10th Street and Piedmont Avenue became a hub for the annual Atlanta Pride Parade. READ MORE »
If you’re LGBTQ in Atlanta, and you are honey, you already know every Friday is the place to go for a welcoming time of dudes, drinks and DJ beats. On Pride weekend, it’s time to turn it up. READ MORE »
A group of about two-dozen anti-LGBT protesters carried vulgar signs and taunted the Atlanta Pride parade on Sunday, using a bullhorn to urge “wicked, dirty homosexuals” to repent. READ MORE »
There’s just something about Atlanta Pride Weekend that draws out the bodies and presses them together more than any other event. Take Saturday at Jungle, where people and Pride packed the place. READ MORE »
It's just not Atlanta Pride if you don't jumpstart the weekend of rainbow celebrations with the kickoff party at the Georgia Aquarium. So thousands did just that on Friday. READ MORE »