Happy Labor Day! Having the day off means you can relax with our LGBT to-do list, pick your faves & hit the ones you want at your own pace: Black Pride send-offs, tennis finals and party people.
• The Finals. Who rose from the seeds over the weekend to become The Peach International Tennis Champions during the annual LGBT tournament finals @ DeKalb Tennis Center, through 4 p.m.
• Black Gay Pride. Girl- Nic: The Recovery Party and Afterparty with Girls In The Night, 1 p.m., Some Like It Hot pool party with TraxxGirls @ the W Downtown, 4 p.m., Vivica Fox (top photo) hosts a men’s White Party with Traxx and Lion’s Den @ Lava Lounge, 10 p.m., and DJ M and Kate [LoverGirls NYC] TraxxGirls Birthday Bash @ Strip Club/Whispers, 10 p.m.
• Come early. Stay late. Margarita Monday @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m., Crazy Bitch Karaoke @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m., Texas Hold ‘Em Poker @ Woofs, 7:30 p.m., and Piano Monday with David Reed @ Mixx, 8 p.m.
• Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of Pride. Empowered Forum and Trans & Friends @ YouthPride, 6:30 p.m.
• Showtime. Dragamaki with Diamond, Alexandria and Bubba (bottom photo) @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m., Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m., and Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m.
• The men from the boys. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m., Service Industry Night @ the Heretic, 10 p.m., and Industry Night @ Mary’s, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The U.S. Supreme Court refused on Monday to hear the case of Jameka Evans, an Atlanta woman harassed and then fired from her job for being a lesbian. READ MORE »
Those gay male nuns you’ve noticed throughout Queer Atlanta are on a mission … from God? Goddess? The Queer Force? Whatever, let's just say that their hearts in the right place. READ MORE »
While you’re making lists and checking them twice, remember the worthy non-profits making life better for local LGBTQ people. Give these queer causes a gift that keeps giving all year. READ MORE »
Whether you're a woman who's girlfriend stepped out on you and flaunted it all over town, or you're considering sleeping with your 'slut-puppy' boss, Life Judge has answers in The Q. READ MORE »
Busy busy busy. LGBTQ Atlanta is like the magician in ‘Frosty the Snow Man’ – so much to do, so little time, and so much flair for the fabulous. Channel your queer magic and get in on these events. READ MORE »