Happy Labor Day! Having the day off means you can relax with our LGBT to-do list, pick your faves & hit the ones you want at your own pace: Black Pride send-offs, tennis finals and party people.
• The Finals. Who rose from the seeds over the weekend to become The Peach International Tennis Champions during the annual LGBT tournament finals @ DeKalb Tennis Center, through 4 p.m.
• Black Gay Pride. Girl- Nic: The Recovery Party and Afterparty with Girls In The Night, 1 p.m., Some Like It Hot pool party with TraxxGirls @ the W Downtown, 4 p.m., Vivica Fox (top photo) hosts a men’s White Party with Traxx and Lion’s Den @ Lava Lounge, 10 p.m., and DJ M and Kate [LoverGirls NYC] TraxxGirls Birthday Bash @ Strip Club/Whispers, 10 p.m.
• Come early. Stay late. Margarita Monday @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m., Crazy Bitch Karaoke @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m., Texas Hold ‘Em Poker @ Woofs, 7:30 p.m., and Piano Monday with David Reed @ Mixx, 8 p.m.
• Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of Pride. Empowered Forum and Trans & Friends @ YouthPride, 6:30 p.m.
• Showtime. Dragamaki with Diamond, Alexandria and Bubba (bottom photo) @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m., Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m., and Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m.
• The men from the boys. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m., Service Industry Night @ the Heretic, 10 p.m., and Industry Night @ Mary’s, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
'RuPaul's Drag Race' is back and Season 9 may just be bigger than ever as the show again includes an Atlanta queen – Nina Bo'Nina Brown – among its contestants. READ MORE »
A gay civic activist running to become mayor of the new City of South Fulton lost on Tuesday, placing third in a crowded field of candidates. READ MORE »
Mounting criticism over an LGBT adoption ban inserted into a bipartisan bill modernizing the state's adoption laws prompted Senate lawmakers to send the measure back to committee. READ MORE »
Ten Atlanta always wants you to get lucky. But for St. Patrick's Day, they really really mean it. So the popular Midtown spot hosted Get Lucky 5 on Friday. READ MORE »
Gay entrepreneur Laban King has thrown his hat into the crowded race for Atlanta mayor, arguing that the current political climate shows him that now is the time to get involved. READ MORE »