The annual Gentlemen’s Ball was already a singular gay Atlanta event. Falling this year on Halloween, the true meaning of bal masque came to life to honor local men who excel in their chosen fields.
Gentlemen’s Foundation throws the event to call out gay and trans men of color who make a difference in their community. For 2015, the “Beyond the Mask” masquerade ball, three-course meal, awards and hobnobbing took place at the downtown Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Celebrating the #truegentleman was “Real Housewives of Atlanta” personality Cynthia Bailey, TV host Karamo Brown, singer Alegebra Blessett and DJ Richie Skye.
The following people were honored with awards during the ball:
- Gentleman of the Year, Nevada State Sen. Kelvin Atkinson
- Gentleman of Alliance, U.S. Rep. John Lewis
- Gentleman of Excellence, Film and television director Patrik-Ian Polk
- Gentleman of Promise, Vaughn Alvarez
- Gentleman of Service, Dedrick Tillerson
- Gentleman of Artistry, Marck Angel
Photos by Russ Youngblood