You always think it won’t get here, but then tried and true, Friday comes through yet again with a locked and loaded calendar of LGBT events to kick off your weekend.
• Milestone event. Have an after-work drink and hang out with with the staff at the GA Voice 1st Anniversary Celebration @ Cowtippers, 5:30 p.m.
• Movie night. The LGBT Third Friday Film Series screens “Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin” about the gay MLK acolyte (top photo) @ First Existentialist, 7 p.m.
• Let’s get physical. Softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League, 6 p.m., Swimming & Water Polo with Atlanta Rainbow Trout, 7:30 p.m., and Tennis Social & Warmup for ATTA season @Athletic Club Northeast, 7:30 p.m.
• Night time is the right time. Maria Gabriella Band (bottom photo) @ Bellissima, 8 p.m., DJ Wendy Hunt @ the Heretic, 10 p.m., and Mr. Atlanta Eagle 2010’s Last Pour @ the Eagle, 10 p.m., are just the beginning of Friday’s complete gay bar and party calendar.
• Queens and kings. Dragateria, “Heroes vs. Villains” ends its short-run weekly theme show @ Jungle 9:30 p.m., and Raw Talent 4 Finals crown a winner @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m.,
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events. You can also submit your own events.
A friend sees no problem with porn using transphobic terms. He compared it to other kinds of porn being sexist for the purposes of fantasies. But is it "just porn"? READ MORE »
While you’re busy making your list and checking it twice, don’t forget that there are some worthy non-profits making life better year-round for local LGBTQ people. READ MORE »
Morehouse College now offers PrEP to its students, making the all-male Atlanta school one of the first Historically Black Colleges & Universities to offer the preventative HIV medication. READ MORE »
A metro Atlanta woman accused of stabbing her partner to death and shooting at police is also a person of interest in the disappearance of another partner seven years ago. READ MORE »
The Kinsey Sicks are celebrating 25 years of shows that are equal parts camp comedy and political humor. But there’s political humor, and then there is mortal heartbreak. READ MORE »