You always think it won’t get here, but then tried and true, Friday comes through yet again with a locked and loaded calendar of LGBT events to kick off your weekend.
• Milestone event. Have an after-work drink and hang out with with the staff at the GA Voice 1st Anniversary Celebration @ Cowtippers, 5:30 p.m.
• Movie night. The LGBT Third Friday Film Series screens “Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin” about the gay MLK acolyte (top photo) @ First Existentialist, 7 p.m.
• Let’s get physical. Softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League, 6 p.m., Swimming & Water Polo with Atlanta Rainbow Trout, 7:30 p.m., and Tennis Social & Warmup for ATTA season @Athletic Club Northeast, 7:30 p.m.
• Night time is the right time. Maria Gabriella Band (bottom photo) @ Bellissima, 8 p.m., DJ Wendy Hunt @ the Heretic, 10 p.m., and Mr. Atlanta Eagle 2010’s Last Pour @ the Eagle, 10 p.m., are just the beginning of Friday’s complete gay bar and party calendar.
• Queens and kings. Dragateria, “Heroes vs. Villains” ends its short-run weekly theme show @ Jungle 9:30 p.m., and Raw Talent 4 Finals crown a winner @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m.,
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events. You can also submit your own events.
With the lights up and out at Jungle and the future of gay dance clubs in question, meet the people in charge of some of the most popular gay bars and clubs, and let them welcome you in their own words. READ MORE »
Revolution and resistance are part and parcel of queer identity. While others learn to express non-traditional lives as opposition to the Trump regime, LGBTQ communities are already rolling with ours. READ MORE »
Another weekend, another packed-full Queer Agenda calendar the popping parties and people that make you pleased to participate. Step up as local LGBTQ venues roll out your red carpet. READ MORE »
So your bestie has a new love, only that new love is hitting on you bigtime. Which one do you talk to first, and how? You have issues. Advice from our Life Judge can help. READ MORE »
With the floor swept and the lights up on a new post-Jungle era, what’s next? A chat with Richard Cherskov about the demise of the club, and the future of Atlanta's LGBTQ nightlife. READ MORE »