You always think it won’t get here, but then tried and true, Friday comes through yet again with a locked and loaded calendar of LGBT events to kick off your weekend.
• Milestone event. Have an after-work drink and hang out with with the staff at the GA Voice 1st Anniversary Celebration @ Cowtippers, 5:30 p.m.
• Movie night. The LGBT Third Friday Film Series screens “Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin” about the gay MLK acolyte (top photo) @ First Existentialist, 7 p.m.
• Let’s get physical. Softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League, 6 p.m., Swimming & Water Polo with Atlanta Rainbow Trout, 7:30 p.m., and Tennis Social & Warmup for ATTA season @Athletic Club Northeast, 7:30 p.m.
• Night time is the right time. Maria Gabriella Band (bottom photo) @ Bellissima, 8 p.m., DJ Wendy Hunt @ the Heretic, 10 p.m., and Mr. Atlanta Eagle 2010’s Last Pour @ the Eagle, 10 p.m., are just the beginning of Friday’s complete gay bar and party calendar.
• Queens and kings. Dragateria, “Heroes vs. Villains” ends its short-run weekly theme show @ Jungle 9:30 p.m., and Raw Talent 4 Finals crown a winner @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m.,
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events. You can also submit your own events.
We scour the infiinite downloadable or page-flippable library out there for literary escapes that put a fresh, thoroughly readable spin on your self-schooling. READ MORE »
Gay and bisexual men under 30 make up nearly half of all new HIV diagnoses and they’re the only age group whose rate of infection is getting worse, according to a new report from the CDC. READ MORE »
A year after a 21-year-old leader of Georgia Tech’s Pride Alliance was shot and killed by campus police, there are conflicting reports over the school’s response, and a civil lawsuit is in the works. READ MORE »
Here's how to give your personal life an evaluation just like at work, and how it can uncover negativity holding you back or positivity driving you forward. READ MORE »
State Sen. Josh Mckoon has been tapped to lead the Georgia chapter of a conservative Christian organization that opposes marriage equality and supports anti-LGBTQ “religious freedom” legislation. READ MORE »