You always think it won’t get here, but then tried and true, Friday comes through yet again with a locked and loaded calendar of LGBT events to kick off your weekend.
• Milestone event. Have an after-work drink and hang out with with the staff at the GA Voice 1st Anniversary Celebration @ Cowtippers, 5:30 p.m.
• Movie night. The LGBT Third Friday Film Series screens “Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin” about the gay MLK acolyte (top photo) @ First Existentialist, 7 p.m.
• Let’s get physical. Softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League, 6 p.m., Swimming & Water Polo with Atlanta Rainbow Trout, 7:30 p.m., and Tennis Social & Warmup for ATTA season @Athletic Club Northeast, 7:30 p.m.
• Night time is the right time. Maria Gabriella Band (bottom photo) @ Bellissima, 8 p.m., DJ Wendy Hunt @ the Heretic, 10 p.m., and Mr. Atlanta Eagle 2010’s Last Pour @ the Eagle, 10 p.m., are just the beginning of Friday’s complete gay bar and party calendar.
• Queens and kings. Dragateria, “Heroes vs. Villains” ends its short-run weekly theme show @ Jungle 9:30 p.m., and Raw Talent 4 Finals crown a winner @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m.,
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events. You can also submit your own events.
One queer slept with their best friend. Another wants to but can't bring it up. Then there's a convoluted LGBTQ daisy chain of affection with none of the fun part. Let's talk. READ MORE »
The four openly LGBTQ lawmakers in the Georgia House are running for re-election, but two of them – Reps. Park Cannon and Sam Park – face opponents and Park is being targeted by Republicans who want to unseat the first-term lawmaker. READ MORE »
When it comes to new twists on fundraising, AID Atlanta took it to Broadway on March 14. A crowd gathered at Lips Atlanta for a theme night based on legendary stage characters and showtunes. READ MORE »
Imbibing during daylight is almost a queer right of passage, especially as we enter patio season. Here's a list of great places to tag with yourself with #daydrinking.. READ MORE »
With biscuits and plenty of bubbly, the Victory Fund toasted LGBT candidates, elected officials and supporters during its annual fundraising brunch in Atlanta on Sunday. READ MORE »