Two dozen get-togethers are what make Friday so gay. Happy hours, Jerusalem House Halloween Bash, artsy pursuits, benefits and more bar nights than you can handle.
• It’s happy, alright, and it’s more than an hour long. Friday Happy Hour @ Bellissima, 6 p.m. 4th Friday Networking with AGLCC, 5:30 p.m. Thank GLAAD It’s Pride @ W Hotel Downtown, 7 p.m.
• Arts appreciation. Fourth Fridays Art Walk @ Studio Plex, 6 p.m. Click Click for Atlanta Celebrates Photography (top photo) @ Kai Lin Art Gallery, 7 p.m. Voices Carry with Poetry Atlanta @ Sycamore Place, 8 p.m.
Atlanta’s premier costume party is hosted by “RHOA” pal Dwight Eubanks: the Jerusalem House Halloween Bash, “Carnevale After Dark” @ Biltmore Hotel, 8 p.m. Read our preview.
• A laundry list of DJs help you cut a rug to benefit animal rescue. Dancing for Dogs @ My Sister’s Room, 10 p.m.
• Special guests. Win free tix to the Atlanta Pride kick-off party and enjoy DJ Vicki Powell @ Mixx, 9 p.m. And She Did (bottom photo) peforms @ Bellissima, 9 p.m. Eagle Appreciation Night with the Atlanta Bucks, 11 p.m.
• Just shut up and point me toward the bar: Aqua Fridays @ Paris Decatur, 9 p.m. Boys Room @ Mary’s, 10 p.m. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m. Fierce Fridays @ LeBuzz, 11 p.m. Kitty LeClaw’s Meow Mix @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. The Mary Edith Pitts Show @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Gay former teacher Charlie Stadtlander is taking a second shot at the Atlanta School Board, this time hoping to unseat an incumbent for an at-large seat. READ MORE »
From celebrating icons to volunteering time to pounding out equality, LGBT ATL events are here to move you from everything that’s so last week to everything that’s so right now. READ MORE »
A gay Kennesaw man, disturbed by the deadly rally white supremacists held in Charlottesville, launched an effort calling for the removal of a Confederate flag from a city park in the Atlanta suburb. READ MORE »
The fetish fest known as Southeast Black & Blue Weekend took over the Atlanta Eagle for three days of kinky fun. READ MORE »
The jocks of the Hotlanta Softball League celebrated the close of another season and cheered on the dozen teams heading to the Gay Softball World Series during the league's End of Season Party on Saturday. READ MORE »