Two dozen get-togethers are what make Friday so gay. Happy hours, Jerusalem House Halloween Bash, artsy pursuits, benefits and more bar nights than you can handle.
• It’s happy, alright, and it’s more than an hour long. Friday Happy Hour @ Bellissima, 6 p.m. 4th Friday Networking with AGLCC, 5:30 p.m. Thank GLAAD It’s Pride @ W Hotel Downtown, 7 p.m.
• Arts appreciation. Fourth Fridays Art Walk @ Studio Plex, 6 p.m. Click Click for Atlanta Celebrates Photography (top photo) @ Kai Lin Art Gallery, 7 p.m. Voices Carry with Poetry Atlanta @ Sycamore Place, 8 p.m.
Atlanta’s premier costume party is hosted by “RHOA” pal Dwight Eubanks: the Jerusalem House Halloween Bash, “Carnevale After Dark” @ Biltmore Hotel, 8 p.m. Read our preview.
• A laundry list of DJs help you cut a rug to benefit animal rescue. Dancing for Dogs @ My Sister’s Room, 10 p.m.
• Special guests. Win free tix to the Atlanta Pride kick-off party and enjoy DJ Vicki Powell @ Mixx, 9 p.m. And She Did (bottom photo) peforms @ Bellissima, 9 p.m. Eagle Appreciation Night with the Atlanta Bucks, 11 p.m.
• Just shut up and point me toward the bar: Aqua Fridays @ Paris Decatur, 9 p.m. Boys Room @ Mary’s, 10 p.m. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m. Fierce Fridays @ LeBuzz, 11 p.m. Kitty LeClaw’s Meow Mix @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. The Mary Edith Pitts Show @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Georgia School Superintendent Richard Woods – who last year blasted protections for transgender students – is again targeting LGBT students as he kicks off his re-election campaign. READ MORE »
It’s been an epic April of LGBT events in Atlanta. Well, hope you’re rested up, because it shows no signs of stopping. Close out the month with plays, parties and people every way you turn. READ MORE »
How do you ease into a long, hard weekend of partying for Atlanta Bear Pride? With the official Warm Up Party at Woofs, that’s how. READ MORE »
When bears head to the Jungle, there is bound to be good trouble. Dancing, cocktailing and late-night fun to celebrate Atlanta Bear Pride. READ MORE »
State Sen. William Ligon earned the scorn of lawmakers and progressives alike when his anti-LGBT antics killed a popular adoption bill in the Georgia legislature. Now, even Ligon's anti-gay political bedmates are criticizing him. READ MORE »