Two dozen get-togethers are what make Friday so gay. Happy hours, Jerusalem House Halloween Bash, artsy pursuits, benefits and more bar nights than you can handle.
• It’s happy, alright, and it’s more than an hour long. Friday Happy Hour @ Bellissima, 6 p.m. 4th Friday Networking with AGLCC, 5:30 p.m. Thank GLAAD It’s Pride @ W Hotel Downtown, 7 p.m.
• Arts appreciation. Fourth Fridays Art Walk @ Studio Plex, 6 p.m. Click Click for Atlanta Celebrates Photography (top photo) @ Kai Lin Art Gallery, 7 p.m. Voices Carry with Poetry Atlanta @ Sycamore Place, 8 p.m.
Atlanta’s premier costume party is hosted by “RHOA” pal Dwight Eubanks: the Jerusalem House Halloween Bash, “Carnevale After Dark” @ Biltmore Hotel, 8 p.m. Read our preview.
• A laundry list of DJs help you cut a rug to benefit animal rescue. Dancing for Dogs @ My Sister’s Room, 10 p.m.
• Special guests. Win free tix to the Atlanta Pride kick-off party and enjoy DJ Vicki Powell @ Mixx, 9 p.m. And She Did (bottom photo) peforms @ Bellissima, 9 p.m. Eagle Appreciation Night with the Atlanta Bucks, 11 p.m.
• Just shut up and point me toward the bar: Aqua Fridays @ Paris Decatur, 9 p.m. Boys Room @ Mary’s, 10 p.m. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m. Fierce Fridays @ LeBuzz, 11 p.m. Kitty LeClaw’s Meow Mix @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. The Mary Edith Pitts Show @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The guys behind the gay-owned Guac y Margys are pushing hard to bring margaritas to the Beltline in June. And they are asking for help to close out an online campaign to raise funds to build the new restaurant's patio and bar. READ MORE »
Atlanta police arrested a 54-year-old Uber Eats driver for allegedly sexually assaulting a mentally disabled man in a bathroom at the popular Southwest Atlanta restaurant where he worked. READ MORE »
No matter how we try, nobody's gender expression is going to please everyone. When falling outside the 'expected,' it's paramount to serenity to value our own standards. READ MORE »
Valerie Vie wants a rematch. So the attorney dusted off her campaign playbook from 2016 and is running again for a seat in Georgia House, this time hoping to beat the attorney that defeated her two years ago. READ MORE »
Winter is a memory, spring is here, and Atlanta Bear Pride is coming for you this weekend. Bears, cubs and more furry beefcakes come out of hibernation for parties at multiple venues. READ MORE »