Thank gay it’s Friday. In Atlanta, that means special events. Get your weekend going, from post-work mingling at IKEA to dancing cheek-to-cheek, from a sexy male photo exhibit to ladies with ‘staches.
• You love mass-produced home décor as much as you love decompressing from work. Fourth Friday Networking with the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce @ IKEA, 5:30 p.m.
• Boys like boys. The “Body & Soul” photo exhibit (top photo) with Caliber models opens @ pb&j gallery, 7 p.m.
• “Boots and Ballroom.” Same-sex Country and Couples Classics dance lessons in Decatur in a non-bar environment with certified instructors Leigh and Pam, 8 p.m.
• The boys aren’t exactly good, and what they say isn’t exactly true. We love that. “Good Boys & True” @ Actor’s Express, 8 p.m.
• Women, put on your facial hair—or trim it to look its best. DJ Vicki Powell (bottom photo, left) presents “Ladystache” @ Bellissima, 9 p.m.
• You’ve heard about the phenom that is “Shakespeare Follies.” Tonight’s show, at a special time, is a benefit for Joining Hearts @ Danneman’s, 11 p.m. Haven’t heard? Read our preview.
• The best new pop music, plus prizes from the Groove 105.7 FM. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m.
• More bars in more places. Click through the long list of Friday nightlife options, and choose wisely.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The transgender woman whose silicone injection killed popular Atlanta entertainer Lateasha Shuntel was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison. READ MORE »
You take any opportunity to celebrate, but Memorial Gay Weekend Atlanta makes getting some party a no-brainer. Catch up on downtime and kick off summer with events for every L,G, B and T. READ MORE »
LGBTQ activists are at the center of a growing push in the City of Atlanta to eliminate jail time and reduce the fines for possession of small amounts of marijuana. READ MORE »
Move over, Atlanta pride celebrations. There's one more festival making room for inclusion. Southern Fried Queer Pride offers five days of events through the Memorial Weekend holiday. READ MORE »
Two gay Atlanta men were robbed – and one shot – during an early-morning attack on Saturday outside a popular gay bar in East Atlanta. READ MORE »