Thank gay it’s Friday. In Atlanta, that means special events. Get your weekend going, from post-work mingling at IKEA to dancing cheek-to-cheek, from a sexy male photo exhibit to ladies with ‘staches.
• You love mass-produced home décor as much as you love decompressing from work. Fourth Friday Networking with the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce @ IKEA, 5:30 p.m.
• Boys like boys. The “Body & Soul” photo exhibit (top photo) with Caliber models opens @ pb&j gallery, 7 p.m.
• “Boots and Ballroom.” Same-sex Country and Couples Classics dance lessons in Decatur in a non-bar environment with certified instructors Leigh and Pam, 8 p.m.
• The boys aren’t exactly good, and what they say isn’t exactly true. We love that. “Good Boys & True” @ Actor’s Express, 8 p.m.
• Women, put on your facial hair—or trim it to look its best. DJ Vicki Powell (bottom photo, left) presents “Ladystache” @ Bellissima, 9 p.m.
• You’ve heard about the phenom that is “Shakespeare Follies.” Tonight’s show, at a special time, is a benefit for Joining Hearts @ Danneman’s, 11 p.m. Haven’t heard? Read our preview.
• The best new pop music, plus prizes from the Groove 105.7 FM. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m.
• More bars in more places. Click through the long list of Friday nightlife options, and choose wisely.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
You will never live up to your perception of the Seven Dwarves in the LGBTQ village, so stop comparing their social media highlight reels to your behind-the-scenes footage. READ MORE »
The Human Rights Campaign on Friday endorsed former Georgia House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams for governor. READ MORE »
One thing people aren’t used to seeing in House District 179 in St. Simons is a Democrat on the ballot, which will change this fall thanks to lesbian school administrator Julie Jordan. READ MORE »
Gird your loins, children. Stonewall Month kicks off more than three-dozen events that keep your to-do list hot as the summer sun all season long. Summer, slain. READ MORE »
One of the busiest weekends of Atlanta’s LGBTQ calendar lands with enough event options to fill several weekends. The Queer Agenda helps you sort it out and plan your attack. READ MORE »