Thank gay it’s Friday. In Atlanta, that means special events. Get your weekend going, from post-work mingling at IKEA to dancing cheek-to-cheek, from a sexy male photo exhibit to ladies with ‘staches.
• You love mass-produced home décor as much as you love decompressing from work. Fourth Friday Networking with the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce @ IKEA, 5:30 p.m.
• Boys like boys. The “Body & Soul” photo exhibit (top photo) with Caliber models opens @ pb&j gallery, 7 p.m.
• “Boots and Ballroom.” Same-sex Country and Couples Classics dance lessons in Decatur in a non-bar environment with certified instructors Leigh and Pam, 8 p.m.
• The boys aren’t exactly good, and what they say isn’t exactly true. We love that. “Good Boys & True” @ Actor’s Express, 8 p.m.
• Women, put on your facial hair—or trim it to look its best. DJ Vicki Powell (bottom photo, left) presents “Ladystache” @ Bellissima, 9 p.m.
• You’ve heard about the phenom that is “Shakespeare Follies.” Tonight’s show, at a special time, is a benefit for Joining Hearts @ Danneman’s, 11 p.m. Haven’t heard? Read our preview.
• The best new pop music, plus prizes from the Groove 105.7 FM. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m.
• More bars in more places. Click through the long list of Friday nightlife options, and choose wisely.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Out Atlanta counselor Alexandra Tyler presents her first in a series of enlightening articles exploring relationships between more than two people, this time on navigating expectations. READ MORE »
You tell yourself all kinds of stories about their behavior, but look around. We asked queer Atlantans how they knew their loved one was already all but gone. Here’s how you can tell. READ MORE »
Besides the MondoHomo festival in the mid-2000s, queer representation in Georgia bands has mostly been sparse over the decades. Now get ready for some Queercore. READ MORE »
DJ Joe Gauthreaux – who knows how to work the hunks of Atlanta Pride nightlife and so many more signature local events – returned on Saturday to give Heretic a Rise. READ MORE »
Don’t let rain wash out your hopes for an amazing LGBTQ weekend. The Queer Agenda has performers united, partiers unchained, a fab annual benefit, and everything in between. READ MORE »