Thank gay it’s Friday. In Atlanta, that means special events. Get your weekend going, from post-work mingling at IKEA to dancing cheek-to-cheek, from a sexy male photo exhibit to ladies with ‘staches.
• You love mass-produced home décor as much as you love decompressing from work. Fourth Friday Networking with the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce @ IKEA, 5:30 p.m.
• Boys like boys. The “Body & Soul” photo exhibit (top photo) with Caliber models opens @ pb&j gallery, 7 p.m.
• “Boots and Ballroom.” Same-sex Country and Couples Classics dance lessons in Decatur in a non-bar environment with certified instructors Leigh and Pam, 8 p.m.
• The boys aren’t exactly good, and what they say isn’t exactly true. We love that. “Good Boys & True” @ Actor’s Express, 8 p.m.
• Women, put on your facial hair—or trim it to look its best. DJ Vicki Powell (bottom photo, left) presents “Ladystache” @ Bellissima, 9 p.m.
• You’ve heard about the phenom that is “Shakespeare Follies.” Tonight’s show, at a special time, is a benefit for Joining Hearts @ Danneman’s, 11 p.m. Haven’t heard? Read our preview.
• The best new pop music, plus prizes from the Groove 105.7 FM. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m.
• More bars in more places. Click through the long list of Friday nightlife options, and choose wisely.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Those gay male nuns you’ve noticed throughout Queer Atlanta are on a mission … from God? Goddess? The Queer Force? Whatever, let's just say that their hearts in the right place. READ MORE »
While you’re making lists and checking them twice, remember the worthy non-profits making life better for local LGBTQ people. Give these queer causes a gift that keeps giving all year. READ MORE »
Whether you're a woman who's girlfriend stepped out on you and flaunted it all over town, or you're considering sleeping with your 'slut-puppy' boss, Life Judge has answers in The Q. READ MORE »
Busy busy busy. LGBTQ Atlanta is like the magician in ‘Frosty the Snow Man’ – so much to do, so little time, and so much flair for the fabulous. Channel your queer magic and get in on these events. READ MORE »
Impulse Group Atlanta celebrated World AIDS Day with art, advocacy and more than a few cocktails during an event in West Midtown on Friday. READ MORE »