Thank gay it’s Friday. In Atlanta, that means special events. Get your weekend going, from post-work mingling at IKEA to dancing cheek-to-cheek, from a sexy male photo exhibit to ladies with ‘staches.
• You love mass-produced home décor as much as you love decompressing from work. Fourth Friday Networking with the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce @ IKEA, 5:30 p.m.
• Boys like boys. The “Body & Soul” photo exhibit (top photo) with Caliber models opens @ pb&j gallery, 7 p.m.
• “Boots and Ballroom.” Same-sex Country and Couples Classics dance lessons in Decatur in a non-bar environment with certified instructors Leigh and Pam, 8 p.m.
• The boys aren’t exactly good, and what they say isn’t exactly true. We love that. “Good Boys & True” @ Actor’s Express, 8 p.m.
• Women, put on your facial hair—or trim it to look its best. DJ Vicki Powell (bottom photo, left) presents “Ladystache” @ Bellissima, 9 p.m.
• You’ve heard about the phenom that is “Shakespeare Follies.” Tonight’s show, at a special time, is a benefit for Joining Hearts @ Danneman’s, 11 p.m. Haven’t heard? Read our preview.
• The best new pop music, plus prizes from the Groove 105.7 FM. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m.
• More bars in more places. Click through the long list of Friday nightlife options, and choose wisely.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The jocks of the Hotlanta Softball League took to the stage on Saturday for the annual Mr. HSL contest, this year held for the first time at Lips. READ MORE »
Bears and bear lovers celebrated all weekend long during Atlanta Bear Pride, which reached its peak on Saturday with DJ Tony Moran and the Bearracuda main event at Heretic. READ MORE »
Stacey Evans – a former state lawmaker now seeking the Democratic nomination for governor – met with LGBT supports in Midtown Atlanta, pledging to fight for LGBT equality and to 'always be there for you.' READ MORE »
Bailing on difficult conversations? Adulting is hard. If you're ghosting instead of confronting, sabotaging yourself to avoid discussion, or missing out over having a chat, it's time to buck up. READ MORE »
The guys behind the gay-owned Guac y Margys are pushing hard to bring margaritas to the Beltline in June. And they are asking for help to close out an online campaign to raise funds to build the new restaurant's patio and bar. READ MORE »