Thank gay it’s Friday. In Atlanta, that means special events. Get your weekend going, from post-work mingling at IKEA to dancing cheek-to-cheek, from a sexy male photo exhibit to ladies with ‘staches.
• You love mass-produced home décor as much as you love decompressing from work. Fourth Friday Networking with the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce @ IKEA, 5:30 p.m.
• Boys like boys. The “Body & Soul” photo exhibit (top photo) with Caliber models opens @ pb&j gallery, 7 p.m.
• “Boots and Ballroom.” Same-sex Country and Couples Classics dance lessons in Decatur in a non-bar environment with certified instructors Leigh and Pam, 8 p.m.
• The boys aren’t exactly good, and what they say isn’t exactly true. We love that. “Good Boys & True” @ Actor’s Express, 8 p.m.
• Women, put on your facial hair—or trim it to look its best. DJ Vicki Powell (bottom photo, left) presents “Ladystache” @ Bellissima, 9 p.m.
• You’ve heard about the phenom that is “Shakespeare Follies.” Tonight’s show, at a special time, is a benefit for Joining Hearts @ Danneman’s, 11 p.m. Haven’t heard? Read our preview.
• The best new pop music, plus prizes from the Groove 105.7 FM. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m.
• More bars in more places. Click through the long list of Friday nightlife options, and choose wisely.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Fun, frustrating and fearful. I never thought I'd be looking at this age, but since I am, I commit to look beyond the surface and not value wrapping over content. READ MORE »
Atlanta’s favorite glow-in-the-dark body paint party WackedOutBlackOut returned to My Sister’s Room on Saturday courtesy of host Wussy Mag. READ MORE »
DJ Diablo Rojo's popular quarterly party series ManShaft was back at Heretic on Saturday, and the boys reported to duty in military gear as ordered to mark the occasion. READ MORE »
After six long months away, popular long-running drag show Stars of the Century makes its Memorial Day return at its new home, Heretic. The show ended after Jungle closed last November. READ MORE »
The hookup was all good. Now you're all in, but are they? What happens when three Q readers who want more find out that their objects of affection might just be hittin' it and quittin' it? READ MORE »