Thank gay it’s Friday. In Atlanta, that means special events. Get your weekend going, from post-work mingling at IKEA to dancing cheek-to-cheek, from a sexy male photo exhibit to ladies with ‘staches.
• You love mass-produced home décor as much as you love decompressing from work. Fourth Friday Networking with the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce @ IKEA, 5:30 p.m.
• Boys like boys. The “Body & Soul” photo exhibit (top photo) with Caliber models opens @ pb&j gallery, 7 p.m.
• “Boots and Ballroom.” Same-sex Country and Couples Classics dance lessons in Decatur in a non-bar environment with certified instructors Leigh and Pam, 8 p.m.
• The boys aren’t exactly good, and what they say isn’t exactly true. We love that. “Good Boys & True” @ Actor’s Express, 8 p.m.
• Women, put on your facial hair—or trim it to look its best. DJ Vicki Powell (bottom photo, left) presents “Ladystache” @ Bellissima, 9 p.m.
• You’ve heard about the phenom that is “Shakespeare Follies.” Tonight’s show, at a special time, is a benefit for Joining Hearts @ Danneman’s, 11 p.m. Haven’t heard? Read our preview.
• The best new pop music, plus prizes from the Groove 105.7 FM. Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m.
• More bars in more places. Click through the long list of Friday nightlife options, and choose wisely.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
An Atlanta police officer accused of beating a Bulldogs patron – and fatally shooting another man in a separate incident – is once again providing off-duty security at the Midtown LGBT bar. READ MORE »
Biceps were bulging on Saturday as jocks set aside their adult beverages and took to the floor of Woofs to do pushups for a cause. READ MORE »
A diverse group of eight LGBT activists, advocates, allies and organizations will have the honor of leading the Atlanta Pride parade in October. READ MORE »
Ten closed its parking lot and blew the doors off by partying all over last weekend with its days-long Stonewall Pride Block Party. READ MORE »
DJ Paulo returned to Atlanta to once again headline Peach Party, delivering a Saturday night set worthy of the main event for the weekend-long summer celebration. READ MORE »