It’s the biggest Black Pride event Atlanta has ever seen. The reverence and revelry has begun, and it shows no signs of slowing down through Monday. Here are the top events so you can weigh your options.
According to organizers, events are subject to change. Click the websites at the end of each individual entry for last-minute switches.
• Host hotel. Black Pride Marketplace, 10 a.m. – midnight, Cyber Mix with Wassup N ATL & WhatsTheT, 5 p.m., Opening Ceremony, 8 p.m., Fire & Desire Mini-Ball, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m., and SpeakFire erotic poetry, 11:59 p.m. – 2 a.m., all @ Loews Hotel Buckhead.
• Tour the city. Pandora Yacht Party & Party Bus Tour picks you up and drops you off at the host hotels and hottest events, with drinks available along the way. Pickups start 9 p.m. @ Loews and run through midnight.
• The weekend is officially open. Hopefully, you’ve already heard it, but if not, it’s the Welcome to Atlanta reception with ITLA, Rockstar & Lion’s Den @ Mariott Buckhead, 7 p.m. with Shay Baby, MC Big Daddy and DJ Unknown NYC, then the Marathon Block Party @ Spring 4th, 10 p.m.,
• You know you want it, guys. FlavaMen Blatino Awards @ Atlanta Peach Ballroom, 9 p.m., and stay right there. ManHunt Friday with Dondria & underwear fashion show also goes down @ Atlanta Peach Ballroom, 10 p.m. Speaking of parties, also consider Club Rock featuring Jensen Atwood (middle photo) and Lion’s Den go-go boys @ 595 North, 10 p.m., and the leather-clad brotherhood of Onyx with Southeast Labor Day Heat @ the Eagle, 10 p.m.
• Glittering literati. He’s made men bring out the fan with his heat before, now Author Dwayne Vernon brings “Roman” to Atlanta @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m.
• Ladies, ladies! The Little Black Dress with Girls in the Night features Fantasia and Kelly Rowland (bottom photo) plus a fashion show by “Project Runway’s” Mychael Knight @ Compound, 10 p.m., Pretty in Pink breast cancer benefit and “grown folks” party—21 and up—with TraxxGirls @ Club Miami, 10:30 p.m., and we know you’re going to be tired, but you should eat: Late Night Pride Breakfast w/Girls In The Night @ Straits, 2 a.m. – 5 a.m.
Like you need more options. Check Atlanta’s entire Gay Agenda list for even more Friday LGBT happenings.
Top photo from WhatsTheT